I love looking at DIY projects online… I’ve been browsing stuff at the Lowe’s and DIY Network websites. My favorites so far:
- Wall shelf/display unit – I could totally envision this over the computer desk!
- Build a doghouse – I’m seeing this in red for Hailey and blue for Barker… in the backyard that we don’t have yet. I really dig the little solar lamp on the front… like a porch light!!
- Coffee table on casters – Perfect for all those cocktail parties which I would like to have, someday.
- Pet Picnic Party – related to the dog birthday party, but with more projects! I am such a nerd!!
- Budget photo light kit – Ryan has lighting equipment for work, but this is pretty damn clever.
Ahh, all of these things that I will never do or will not do for a long, long time…
I just got an email from my grandma in Montana; we had sent her a photo along with our thank-you note. She said she was really hoping we could come to visit. I’d imagine it wouldn’t be until at least January, as we have used up all of our vacation on getting married. I always feel a little sad when I hear from my grandma; they used to live in Oklahoma City and we would see them far more often when I was growing up. They moved north when they retired in the late ’80’s. It’s always been awesome to go and visit them there, but incredibly infrequent. Anyway… pricing a trip up there looks like it would be around $1100 for Ryan and me…. not as bad as I would have expected.
It’s been a very slow day today, and will likely be that way for the rest of the week. Getting out of here soon, thank goodness. I think we’re doing dinner with Stuart tonight, which we haven’t done in a long time… and I didn’t even get to talk to him at the wedding! So I guess this will make up for it, huh? 🙂